SPINSTERS - A VINYL APPRECIATION GROUP
Songbyrd and Spinsters Present
Upstairs, All Ages
DOORS: 6:30 PM // SHOW: 7:00 PM
ABOUT THE SPINSTERS MEETUP GROUP
Those who love vinyl records already know the satisfaction of hearing their "warm" analogue sound and the tactile aspects of collecting. A vinyl collector is also often a DJ at heart (if not already a DJ).
This group is for those who want to break out their inner DJ by sharing the sounds of their collection, getting into new music from hearing others', and just relaxing and meeting other analogue-minded folks. There will also be chances to dig together at record stores/fairs.
Whether you own 1, 50, or 500+ records, we invite you to give them a spin for the good of the group. (Note: professional DJ skills NOT required) Let's enjoy some awesome music together!
ABOUT THE LISTENING EVENT
If you're a first-timer, welcome!
1) Bring the records that have the songs you want to share with us.
2) We'll go around the room and each person will have a chance to play a song off one of their records. We'll keep circling 'round until the session ends.
3) If you haven't already, please introduce yourself. Tell us the name of the artist and song, and feel free to take a few minutes to mention anything personally significant about the record.
5) After the song is over, we'll open it up a few minutes to give the audience a chance to comment, ask questions, or share any thoughts on what they heard.
6) Next person goes and repeat :)